Land Management Training Center (LMTC), under the Ministry of Land Management, Cooperatives and Poverty Alleviation, Government of Nepal was established in 1968. LMTC is the oldest and the only governmental institution continually and significantly producing human resources and enhancing capacity of the government personnel in the field of Surveying and Mapping, and Land Management since its establishments. The center has already produced more than 7,000 land professionals at different levels through various types of training courses.
LMTC has been conducting wide range of long and short term training incorporating state-of-art modern technologies. Moreover, LMTC has been collaborating to run academic courses with Kathmandu University (KU) and Council for Technical Education and Vocational Training (CTEVT).
-To be the Center of Excellence in Land Management and Geomatics Education.
-To conduct academic courses, professional trainings, refresher courses and research in Land Management and Geomatics sector for the production of qualified and skilled human resources.
· To produce qualified and skilled human resources in the field of Surveying, Mapping, Geo-information and Land Management.
· To conduct and promote research and development activities in the field of Surveying and Mapping, Geoinformation and Land Management.
· To establish collaborative relationship with national and international institutions for mutual benefit by knowledge sharing, professional trainings and technology transfer.
· To contribute in Policy Research in the sector of Geomatics and Land Management.
· To contribute to capacity Building of Local Governments in the sector of Geomatics and Land Management
· To extend collaboration with academia and regional training institutions.